The Roche MS Steering Committee share their thoughts on the importance of the ECTRIMS Annual Meeting and some of their key learnings from this year's meeting that they thought were most relevant to share with the UK clinical community. For details of the content presented please view the MSVirtual2020 Highlights Report.
- Dr Owen Pearson, Consultant Neurologist, Morriston Hospital, Swansea (Project Co-Chair)
- Dr David Rog, Consultant Neurologist, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (Project Co-Chair)
- Dr Tarunya Arun, Consultant Neurologist, University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire
- Dr Ruth Dobson, Consultant Neurologist, Queen Mary, University of London
- Ms Rachel Dorsey-Campbell, Senior Neurosciences Pharmacist, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dr Paul Gallagher, Consultant Neurologist, The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
- Dr Orla Gray, Consultant Neurologist, Ulster Hospital
- Professor Jeremy Hobart, Consultant Neurologist, Derriford Hospital / University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Dr Miriam Mattoscio, Consultant Neurologist, Barking Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust
- Dr Katy Murray, Consultant Neurologist, NHS Forth Valley and University of Edinburgh
These individuals share a range of interests within the field of MS and represent a geographic spread of MS expertise across the UK.
The MSVirtual2020 Steering Committee reflect on the updates they found most interesting at the congress, and comment on how these findings may impact UK clinical practice, both now and in the future. Here they discuss:
- Personalised treatment of MS, including gender factors in MS
- Disease modifying therapy (DMT) risk management
- Radiological advances in MS
- The MS Prodrome
- NMOSD and MOG
- Remyelination in MS
You can click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the video to access the individual sessions.
ECTRIMS: European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis, MS; multiple sclerosis.
Date of preparation: March 2021