HEMLIBRA is a subcutaneous injection given every week, 2 weeks or 4 weeks1
HEMLIBRA has three dosing options, giving patients that ability to choose, based on their preferences
- Initiation dose is 3.0 mg/kg/QW for 4 weeks, for all patients1
- Maintenance dose options are 1.5 mg/kg/QW, 3.0 mg/kg/Q2W or 6.0 mg/kg/Q4W for all patients1
*Bypassing agents (BPAs) should be discontinued the day before initiating HEMLIBRA.1
**FVIII prophylaxis may be continued for the first 7 days of HEMLIBRA.1
How to calculate the HEMLIBRA dose and total volume for subcutaneous injection¹
*Do not exceed 2 ml HEMLIBRA solution, per injection.1
Patient weight (kg) x dose (1.5, 3.0 or 6.0 mg/kg) = total dose (mg).1
Total dose (mg) ÷ vial concentration (30 or 150 mg/ml) = total injection volume (ml).1
Individualised dosing with single-use vials1
- There are four vials with different coloured lids, and two different concentrations (30 mg/ml and 150 mg/ml)1
- Do not combine the 30 mg/ml vial with other concentrations of HEMLIBRA in the same injection1
BPA, bypassing agent; FVIII, Factor VIII; QW, every week; Q2W, every 2 weeks; Q4W, every 4 weeks.
- HEMLIBRA Summary of Product Characteristics.
Date of preparation: August 2020