Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Roche Products Ltd. Please contact Roche Drug Safety Centre by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1707 367554.
PHESGO is a combined fixed-dose subcutaneous formulation of pertuzumab and trastuzumab that can be administered over 8 minutes for an initial dose and 5 minutes for subsequent doses. Phesgo has an observation time of 30 minutes for the loading dose and 15 minutes for subsequent doses.1
- Early breast cancer (eBC):1 PHESGO is indicated for use in combination with chemotherapy in:
• The neoadjuvant treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive, locally advanced, inflammatory, or early stage breast cancer at high risk of recurrence
• The adjuvant treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive eBC at high risk of recurrence
- Metastatic breast cancer (mBC):1 PHESGO is indicated for use in combination with docetaxel in adult patients with HER2-positive metastatic or locally recurrent unresectable breast cancer, who have not received previous anti-HER2 therapy or chemotherapy for their metastatic disease
PHESGO produced non-inferior serum trough concentrations compared with PERJETA® (pertuzumab) IV and trastuzumab IV4
- FeDeriCa study design
- Serum trough concentrations
- pCR rates
PHESGO had a safety profile which is consistent with that of PERJETA IV and trastuzumab IV1
- PHESGO safety profile
- Most common adverse events
- Injection-related reactions
- Cardiac safety
- PHranceSCa study design
- Safety during crossover period
PHESGO can reduce administration and observation time by up to 92% compared with PERJETA IV and trastuzumab IV5
- Preparation and dosing
- Administration and observation
- Patient preferences
View a range of practical and informative resources for healthcare professionals and patients receiving PHESGO
- Administration video
- Dosing and administration guide
- Patient information booklet
- Transitioning from IV pertuzumab and trastuzumab patient leaflet
eBC, early breast cancer; HER2, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2; IV, intravenous; mBC, metastatic breast cancer; NHS, National Health Service; pCR, pathological complete response.
- PHESGO Summary of Product Characteristics.
- NHS England Cancer Drugs Fund List. Available at https://www.england.nhs.uk/cancer/cdf/cancer-drugs-fund-list/. [Accessed 2 June 2021]
- Scottish Medicines Consortium. SMC2364. July 2021.
- Tan AR et al. Lancet Oncol. 2021;22(1):85–97.
- Roche. Data on File. M-GB-00002430.
Date of preparation: September 2021