Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Roche Products Ltd. Please contact Roche Drug Safety Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0)1707 367554.
You’ve waited over 10 years for a superior treatment to sorafenib1
Now you can offer your adult patients with advanced or unresectable HCC TECENTRIQ▼(atezolizumab) + Avastin (bevacizumab), a first-line systemic therapy2 that gives them the chance of:
*Stratified by geographic region (Asia excluding Japan vs the rest of the world), baseline alpha-fetoprotein (<400 ng/mL vs ≥400 ng/mL) and macrovascular invasion, extrahepatic spread, or both (yes vs no).
Recommended by ESMO4
- TECENTRIQ + Avastin has been included in ESMO clinical practice guidelines as a consideration since January 2020 (evidence level III, B)
TECENTRIQ + Avastin was upgraded by ESMO in June 2020 to a first-line standard of care for HCC patients at BCLC stage C† (evidence level I, A)
†Portal invasion, extrahepatic spread, preserved liver function, ECOG PS 0–2 and Child-Pugh A.
BCLC, Barcelona clinic liver cancer; CI, confidence interval; DoR, duration of response; DoT, duration of treatment; ECOG PS, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status; ESMO, European Society for Medical Oncology; HCC, hepatocellular carcinoma; HR, hazard ratio; MOA, mode of action; NE, non-evaluable; ORR, objective response rate; OS, overall survival; PFS, progression-free survival; QoL, quality of life.
- Rimassa L et al. Liver Cancer 2019;8:427–446.
- Tecentriq Summary of Product Characteristics - Great Britain, Tecentriq Summary of Product Characteristics – Northern Ireland
- Finn RS et al. N Engl J Med 2020;382:1894–1905.
- ESMO. HCC: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Available at https://www.esmo.org/guidelines/gastrointestinal-cancers/hepatocellular-carcinoma/eupdate-hepatocellular-carcinoma-algorithm (accessed October 2021).
Date of preparation: December 2021.