▼Tecentriq is subject to additional monitoring in Great Britain. This will allow quick identification of new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions. In Northern Ireland, a black triangle is not required for Tecentriq and it is not subject to additional monitoring.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Roche Products Ltd. Please contact Roche Drug Safety Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44(0)1707 367554.
As Tecentriq is a biological medicine, healthcare professionals should report adverse reactions by brand name and batch number.
TECENTRIQ (atezolizumab) can reactivate a patient’s own anti-tumour immune response,1–3 which may be enhanced by Avastin (bevacizumab)4–10
- TECENTRIQ, in combination with Avastin, is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with advanced or unresectable HCC who have not received prior systemic therapy1,2
Adapted from Chen & Mellman, 2013.3
- The cancer immunity cycle is a process that can be self propagating. When it is reinitiated, T cell responses should amplify and broaden over time3
- TECENTRIQ does not cause antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity1,2
HCC, hepatocellular carcinoma; MOA, mode of action; PD-1, programmed death 1; PD-L1, programmed death-ligand 1; VEGF, vascular endothelial growth factor.
- TECENTRIQ GB Summary of Product Characteristics.
- TECENTRIQ NI Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Chen DS, Mellman I. Immunity 2013;39:1–10.
- Motz GT et al. Nat Med 2014;20:60715.
- Roland CL et al. Mol Cancer Ther 2009;8:1761–1771.
- Voron T et al. J Exp Med 2015;212:139–148.
- Alfaro C et al. Br J Cancer 2009;100:1111–1119.
- Avastin GB Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Avastin NI Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Wallin JJ et al. Nat Commun 2016;7:12624–12647.
Date of preparation: April 2022.