If some patients may benefit from over 2 years of treatment, why should you have to stop?
It is recommended that patients are treated with TECENTRIQ until loss of clinical benefit or unmanageable toxicity2–5
- TECENTRIQ as monotherapy is indicated for the first line treatment of adult patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumours have a PD-L1 expression on ≥50% of tumour cells (TC) or ≥10% of tumour-infiltrating immune cells (IC) and who do not have EGFR-mutant or ALK-positive NSCLC2–5
*Patients with non-squamous NSCLC received either cisplatin 75 mg/m2 plus pemetrexed 500 mg/m2 or carboplatin AUC 6 plus pemetrexed 500 mg/m2. Patients with squamous NSCLC received cisplatin 75 mg/m2 plus gemcitabine 1250 mg/m2 or carboplatin AUC 5 plus gemcitabine 1000 mg/m2. Chemotherapy was administered until completion of 4 or 6 cycles, progressive disease or unacceptable toxicity. Patients with non-squamous NSCLC also received pemetrexed maintenance therapy until progressive disease or unacceptable toxicity.
Physicians should consider the delayed onset of TECENTRIQ effect before initiating first-line treatment as monotherapy in patients with NSCLC.2–5
AE, adverse event; ALK, anaplastic lymphoma kinase; AUC, area under the curve; CI, confidence interval; EGFR, epidermal growth factor receptor; HR, hazard ratio; IC, immune cell; NE, not estimable; NICE, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; NSCLC, non-small cell lung cancer; OS, overall survival; PD-L1, programmed death ligand 1; TC, tumour cell.
- NICE. Atezolizumab monotherapy for untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (TA705). June 2021.
- TECENTRIQ 840 mg GB Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/10697/smpc accessed June 2021.
- TECENTRIQ 1200 mg GB Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/8442/smpc accessed June 2021.
- TECENTRIQ 840 mg NI Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: https://www.emcmedicines.com/en-gb/northernireland/medicine?id=613af771-ca30-4888-a5a2-c4bbc6db7a72 accessed June 2021.
- TECENTRIQ 1200 mg NI Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at: https://www.emcmedicines.com/en-gb/northernireland/medicine?id=473d233f-1423-422f-bf6b-14e056ec47b9&submissionId=1c477cd5-30d1-4261-850e-64136952a044 accessed June 2021.
- Herbst RS et al. N Engl J Med 2020; 383(14): 1328–1339.
- Roche. Data on File M-GB-00003364. April 2021.
Date of preparation: June 2021.