▼Tecentriq is subject to additional monitoring in Great Britain. This will allow quick identification of new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions. In Northern Ireland, a black triangle is not required for Tecentriq and it is not subject to additional monitoring.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Roche Products Ltd. Please contact Roche Drug Safety Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44(0)1707 367554.
As Tecentriq is a biological medicine, healthcare professionals should report adverse reactions by brand name and batch number.
It is recommended that patients are treated with TECENTRIQ until disease progression or unmanageable toxicity2,3
- TECENTRIQ as monotherapy is indicated for the first line treatment of adult patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumours have a PD-L1 expression on ≥50% of tumour cells (TC) or ≥10% of tumour-infiltrating immune cells (IC) and who do not have EGFR-mutant or ALK-positive NSCLC2,3
*Patients with non-squamous NSCLC received either cisplatin 75 mg/m2 plus pemetrexed 500 mg/m2 or carboplatin AUC 6 plus pemetrexed 500 mg/m2. Patients with squamous NSCLC received cisplatin 75 mg/m2 plus gemcitabine 1250 mg/m2 or carboplatin AUC 5 plus gemcitabine 1000 mg/m2. Chemotherapy was administered until completion of 4 or 6 cycles, progressive disease or unacceptable toxicity. Patients with non-squamous NSCLC also received pemetrexed maintenance therapy until progressive disease or unacceptable toxicity.
Physicians should note that, before demonstrating a long-term survival benefit with atezolizumab, a higher proportion of patients on atezolizumab (16/107) died within 2.5 months of study randomisation, compared with 10/98 in the chemotherapy arm and as such, physicians should consider the delayed onset of atezolizumab effect before initiating first-line treatment as monotherapy in patients with NSCLC2,3
AE, adverse event; ALK, anaplastic lymphoma kinase; AUC, area under the curve; CI, confidence interval; EGFR, epidermal growth factor receptor; HR, hazard ratio; IC, immune cell; NE, not estimable; NICE, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; NSCLC, non-small cell lung cancer; OS, overall survival; PD-L1, programmed death ligand 1; TC, tumour cell.
- NICE. Atezolizumab monotherapy for untreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (TA705). June 2021.
- TECENTRIQ GB Summary of Product Characteristics.
- TECENTRIQ NI Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Herbst RS et al. N Engl J Med 2020; 383(14): 1328–1339.
Date of preparation: April 2022