There has been a real need to bring innovative treatment options like TECENTRIQ to SCLC patients4
SCLC is an aggressive and unforgiving disease:5
- Rapid doubling time and early metastasis compared with NSCLC6
- Many patients are not well enough for 2L therapy5
- One of the highest case-fatality rates among cancers7
TECENTRIQ + carbo/etop is the first and only cancer immunotherapy regimen to be recommended in the UK to treat 1L ES-SCLC adult patients*8,9
*NICE limits use to patients with an ECOG performance status of 0 or 1.8
1L, first line; 2L, second line; AE, adverse event; Carbo, carboplatin; CI, confidence interval; ECOG, The Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group; ES-SCLC, extensive-stage small cell lung cancer; Etop, etoposide; HR, hazard ratio; HRQoL, health-related quality of life; NICE, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; NSCLC, non-small cell lung cancer; OS, overall survival; PFS, progression-free survival; SCLC, small cell lung cancer.
- Horn L et al. N Engl J Med 2018; 379(23): 2220–9.
- Tecentriq Summary of Product Characteristics – Great Britain, Tecentriq Summary of Product Characteristics – Northern Ireland
- Calles A et al. Clin Transl Oncol 2019; 21(8): 961–76.
- Armstrong SA, Liu SV. Adv Ther 2019; 36(8): 1826–32.
- Verma V et al. Exp Hematol Oncol 2019; 8: 5.
- Hann CL et al. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 2019; 39: 543–52.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Atezolizumab with carboplatin and etoposide for untreated extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer [TA638]. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-ta10400/documents (accessed July 2021).
- Scottish Medicines Consortium. SMC2279 - atezolizumab 1,200 mg concentrate for solution for infusion (Tecentriq®). Available at: https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/medicines-advice/atezolizumab-tecentriq-full-smc2279/ (accessed July 2021).
- Califano R et al. Presented at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Immuno-Oncology Congress, Switzerland, December 2018.
- Reck M et al. Presented at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) meeting, Barcelona, September 2019.
- TECENTRIQ data on file. M-GB-00001665.
Date of preparation: July 2021